As you know, a cruise countdown is a perpetual thing for me. I’ve decided to dedicate a good portion of my life to cruising. I literally work to cruise. So here’s my latest.
We are ready!
We ended up getting flights to Ft. Lauderdale for $377. Still a little higher than I wanted, but not that ridiculous $480. Here’s where we stand:
- Flights ✔️
- Hotel ✔️
- Ground transportation ✔️
- Excursions ✔️
Here’s what’s left to do:
- Shopping – I need new sneakers and sandals. I’m trying to graduate from flip flops, but they’re so comfortable and easy! I could also use a few new maxi dresses and maybe a new bathing suit. The bathing suit depends on whether or not I can successfully bring sexy back. 😜
- Packing – I just got the packing cubes I ordered from eBags. We’ll see if it actually works and keeps my suitcase organized.
- Choose my entertainment – I always take several books and load my iPad up with movies. It’s only an 8-day cruise, but vacation is when I do most of my reading and watching movies. I’ll do a separate post to let you know what I picked out.
- Prepare the house – I always like to come back to a clean house. Coming home from vacation is depressing enough without having to look at a mess when you get home.
- Prepare a meal – After 8 days of pampering and having every meal served, I know I don’t want to cook on my first couple of nights back. So, I prepare and freeze a meal (or two) so that I only have to reheat when I get home. I’m still gonna be looking for the MDR (Main Dining Room) for a while. 😂
There are other little odds and ends I have to take care of, but those are the major ones. Now, if I could just fast forward time… ⏱
Until next time,
Your Cruise Girl